Nordic Fall Veggie Wraps
Our interns from Denmark are taking over the kitchen this week with their favorite Nordic recipes. This wrap is made of collard greens—a quick steam in the microwave softens them just enough to roll up. They’re filled with a delicious pumpkin spread, a perfect way to use up all that leftover pumpkin from Halloween!
Follow a few easy steps to make them at home:
Prep the pumpkin: Preheat your oven to 400ºF. Peel your pumpkin if not organic, cut pumpkin in half and scrape out seeds. Further cut pumpkin into smaller chunks, place in a deep baking pan &sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, plus a swirl of bit of olive oil. Let the pumpkin bake 35-45 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice your mushrooms. Saute them in a skillet for 5-8 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt, pepper & garlic. Now you have the umami flavor to add your Nordic Wrap.
- Slice the apple into thin slices. This will be the sour element to your Nordic Wrap.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, put the chunks into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Season your dip with a bit of cumin and other herbs, if you like.
- Voila! This sweet spread will go perfectly together with our semi-bitter collard greens.
- Now you are ready to build your wrap.
- Take a piece of collard greens.
- Spread some pumpkin puree on top.
- Add some mushrooms and sliced apple.
- Roll up your wrap & enjoy!