Willow’s Kale Salad
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1 2-inch piece Parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup pre-grated cheese
- Optional: 1/3 cup oh whole unsalted almonds or sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup raisins
- Adult: SLICE the kale leaves into very, very thin ribbons and PLACE in a bowl.
- Adult: CUT the lemon in half and remove seeds. Help SQUEEZE the juice from the lemon into the bowl.
- Child: Help MEASURE and DRIZZLE the olive oil over the salad. MIX well.
- Adult & Child: SEASON to taste with salt.
- Adult & Child: TOSS the ingredients very thoroughly. (Children can use clean hands for this!)
- Adult & Child: Help GRATE the cheese finely over the top of the salad and SERVE. (Note: if you prefer the kale leaves more tender and more absorption of the dressing, allow salad to sit for 30-60 minutes before serving. NIBBLE and ENJOY!
- Adult & Child:Optional: Help MEASURE the almonds/sunflower seeds and/or raisins. Adults chops almonds. ADD to the bowl.